How in the world is it July already?! It seems like we were just dealing with snow in Denver a few weeks ago. Or maybe I’m simply in denial that the year is half over already. Either way, it’s now the 4th of July weekend and if you are anything like me, it totally snuck up on us — which means you have a BBQ to go to this weekend and haven’t even thought about what you are going to bring yet. Don’t worry, I have you covered.
This is literally the easiest dessert to throw together in only a few minutes, but it looks beautiful and will impress a crowd. Bonus points because it’s light and healthy too (aka more room for burgers and margaritas). 😉
Angel Food Cake with Fresh Berries
Time: 5 minutes
- Angel Food Cake (you could make one from scratch, which would be delicious, but who has time for that? Save your sanity and go pick one up at the store.)
- 1 quart strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- Whipped Cream
- Fresh mint
- Open the angel food cake and put it on a pretty plate or cake stand.
- Wash the berries.
- Take half the strawberries, trim off tops and cut into halves.
- Sprinkle the cake with the blueberries and the cut strawberries.
- Place the remaining whole strawberries around the plate.
- Serve with whipped cream or French Vanilla ice cream.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- Enjoy the compliments!
This is so easy. I’m not joking — a few minutes and you are on your way to a BBQ with a light + festive summer dessert that everyone will love. Now spend the rest of the weekend saying to your friends and family “Can you believe it’s July already?!”