Remember those delicious muffins I posted on Instagram earlier this week? I received so many comments and requests to share the recipe…so here you go!!
These muffins are super easy to throw together using some overripe bananas. Bonus points because they were toddler AND husband approved! Win win.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (I used 3 bananas, for reference)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly.
- Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray (or use paper liners), and divide the batter among them.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or golden brown on top.